This Article is my Personal Experience. I went to Madina on 21 March 2022. If you are looking for an easy and cheaper way to travel from Jeddah Airport to Makkah or Madina, then Haramain Train aka Haramain high-speed railway should be your mode of travel. Running at 300km/Hour this train will take only 45 minutes to reach Jeddah Airport to Makkah Station. However, the best part is the cheap economy ticket which will only cost you 69 Riyal (My Personal Experience). Compare to this, Uber and Careem or any other Taxi will cost you nearly 100 and it will take around 2 hours to get you to Makkah.
Haramain High-Speed Railway
This article is all you need in order to know about traveling by Harmain train.
Haramain Train Stations
There are total 5 Stations as of now
- Jeddah KAIA Station
- Jeddah Sulaymaniyah Station
- KAEC Station
- Makkah Station
- Madina Station
Baggage Policy and Entry Requirements for Haramain High-Speed Railway
- You can only take two bags with you. One Travel Bag and One Hand Carry. Travel Bag Weight should be 25 Kg or Less
- Tawakkalna is Mandatory for entering the Station
- Masks are Checked at the Entrance.
My Personal Travel Experience with Haramain Train
Recently I went to Makkah and Madina for Umrah. I Booked my Flight to Jeddah and decided to take the train to Madina first and then Visit Makkah. Why I did this is because
- Cheap EconTicket e.g 69 Riyal from Jeddah to Makkah
- Less time as compared to Taxis
- Free Shuttle Service from Train Station to Haramain (Makkah and Madina)
- Comfortable Seats
- You Don’t have to Leave Airport and book a Taxi. Just Purchase a ticket and get on the train.
Therefore, I took the train by booking a ticket online. You can Pay Via Card and Apple Pay in case you are Using Apple Device. You will get your Boarding pass which you need to show at Station.
Here are a few things that you need to keep in mind.
How to Start your Trip from Jeddah KAIA Station
There are two different approaches to this.
- If you are coming from a domestic flight, then all you need to do is take your luggage and walk toward the Airport’s arrival area. Once you are there, you will see the Haramain Train Station in front of you.
- If you are coming From Harmain Train, You need to take a lift and go to the second floor of the Airport. A slight right and you will get into Haramain Train Station
Booking the Ticket
There are two options for you to buy a ticket.
- Using Haramain Train Application to Book and Pay Online
- Get a ticket from their Ticketing Booth at Jeddah Airport Station
Getting inside the Station
Once you have your ticket, now you can enter the main station. Few things to keep in mind though
- You need to Show your Ticket before Entering
- Your Luggage will be checked thoroughly.
- You need to empty your pockets and take off your shoes and Caps.
- Once everything is OK only then you will be allowed to enter the Station
- Now it is time to sit and wait for your train to come.
Once the train is at the station, just take your luggage and get on the train. Also, the Bus number and Seat number are already mentioned on your Ticket or Boarding Pass. The First 5 buses on each train are Business class and the rest 8 are Economy class.
It Started on Time and Arrived just in time for Madina. It took Only 1 Hour and 55 Minutes to reach Madina.
What to Expect at Arrival Destination?
This is the best Part of Haramain Train. Once you are In Madina there are buses waiting for you to take you to the Haram. As of now, there is NO Ticket for these buses but maybe in the future, there will be some changes. These Buses will drop you at the Haram and this is where this travel ends.
What to Expect when you are onboard?
Cafeteria on the Train
There is a Cafeteria on the 5th Bus of each train where you can pay and get whatever you want. Normally they serve Coffee, Tea, Cold Drinks, Shawarmas, and a few other Snacks.
Seating and Inner Environment
I traveled in Business class and the seating Was simply brilliant. There was extra space for legs. However, Seats are all statics and there are no Incline Seats for business class. There is a Cup holder and also a Garbage can attached to each seat.
Space for Luggage
There is enough space to hold all types of Luggage. You don’t have to keep your luggage next to you. There are Overhead compartments and then there are spaces at the start of each bus where you can keep your Travel Bags.
Overall My Experience was wonderful especially when you compare it with Taxi and local buses. There is no Noise on the train and Seat Space is quite good. It took us only 1 Hour and 55 Minutes to reach Madina.