Oman Airlines has announced the resumption of Umrah flights to Jeddah from August 11, 2021.
According to the emergency website, the Omani airline said on its Twitter account that “Flights to Jeddah for Umrah will resume from August 11”.
“Umrah pilgrims will be exempted from the quarantine of hotel quarantine on presentation of vaccine certificate. The certificate must prove that the second dose of the COIVD-19 vaccine got taken 14 days before the trip.”
Remember that the Umrah season for the pilgrims started last Sunday. Following the success of the Hajj season this year, the new Umrah season has begun. The Saudi Ministry of Tourism has also announced that Saudi Arabia will open its doors to vaccinated tourists from August 1.
200,000 Rooms In Mecca And 70,000 Rooms In Medinah Reserved For Umrah Pilgrims
Hotels in Makkah and Madinah in Saudi Arabia have started preparations to receive Umrah pilgrims from abroad from Muharram 1st.
Speaking to Al Arabiya Net, Hani Al-Omari, a member of the National Committee for Hajj, Umrah, and Pilgrimage, said that more than 260,000 hotel rooms in Makkah are ready to receive Umrah pilgrims. The hotel rooms are of international standard.
Hani Al-Amiri said that more than 70,000 hotel rooms in Madinah are for the pilgrims of Masjid Nabavi.
What Are The New Rules Of Accommodation?
- He said that all hotels and towers would be in full compliance with the 24-hour sanitation and hygiene regulations. Corona will do SOPs.
- Al-Omari said that one of the rules for the accommodation of Umrah pilgrims is to implement Corona SOPs in hotels and towers. One of the conditions is that for every group of Umrah pilgrims in the hotel, an employee should deploy to receive. Ten percent of hotel rooms are for suspicious travelers.
- Hotels have instructed not to accommodate more than two people in any room. There should be a social distance of at least one and a half meters between one bed and the other.
- The new hotel accommodation regulations also include security guards and in-charges at each hotel to manage Umrah and pilgrims. All sanitizing accessories are available.
- The management should arrange the transportation of visitors or Umrah visitors from the hotel.
- Transport for them will go to Masjid-ul-Haram in groups for prayers or Umrah under the permission of the EATMERNA app.
- Restaurants also have to follow all SOPs.