Hajj 1442 is Limited to 60,000 Local Saudi and Expats

According to the information department, registration will be limited to Saudi nationals and Kingdom residents due to covid 19. In a statement on Saturday, both the Hajj and health ministries said only 60,000 pilgrims are going to participate in the Hajj 1442. The Hajj pilgrimage is going to start in‌ ‌mid-July.

Hajj 1442

Around 2 million Muslims engage in the Hajj every year. A physical challenge and often expensive pilgrimage that draws worshippers worldwide. A chance to rid oneself of past sins and bring greater humility and unity among Muslims. The Hajj is required by all non-disabled Muslims at least once in their lifetime.

Why only 60,000 people for this year

Recently, Saudi Arabia has faced a threat from another coronavirus that causes Middle Eastern respiratory syndrome, or MRS. As part of its efforts to stop the spread of the Coronavirus, Saudi Arabia closed its borders for several months. There have been over 462,000 cases of the virus in the Kingdom so far, and more than‌ ‌7,500‌ ‌deaths. According to the World Health Organization, approximately 15.4 million doses of coronavirus vaccines are already done by Saudi Arabia.

Who will perform Hajj 1442

In its advice, the ministry stressed that those wishing to perform the Hajj must not suffer from any chronic diseases. He needs to get a vaccine against the virus by 18 to 65 years, within the Kingdom’s vaccination guidelines.

A Hajj 1442 pilgrim should take a total dose of the COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days before their journey. Also, they need to show Immune status if they have recently recovered from a Coronavirus‌ ‌infection.

In a statement, the ministry said that the decision reflects the Kingdom’s constant desire to ensure that guests and visitors to the Grand Mosque and the Prophet’s Mosque can perform the Hajj and Umrah properly. It is the Kingdom’s highest priority to protect human health and safety.

The decision gets warm welcome by every Major Muslim Country

According to the deputy minister to the Hajj minister, Saudi Arabia found that the decision to cap pilgrims for this year’s pilgrimage enjoyed excellent agreement and support from Muslim countries.

During a meeting of the Gulf Cooperation Council, Nayef Al-Hajraf praised the “generous care” shown to pilgrims and visitors of the Two Holy Mosques by King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

It is the Kingdom’s utmost priority to ensure pilgrim health and safety. Only this concern has led to the decision to limit this year’s pilgrimage.

Saudi Arabia’s decision also gets approval from the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and the Muslim World League (MWL).

Several Muftis and Muslim scholars are also praising the decision.

UAE supports this effort by the Kingdom in ensuring pilgrims and society are safe from pandemics, limiting their spread, and fighting the disease safely and securely.

In a recent speech, Minister of State Khalifa Shaheen Almarar praised Saudi Arabia’s advancement in the field of science, saying, “Recent scientific achievements demonstrate the country’s sense of the importance of science as a key support for health.”

Kuwait and Bahrain issued a similar statement.

Leave a Comment