Preparations To Welcome Umrah Pilgrims From Abroad Are Done
In Saudi Arabia, 500 Umrah companies and institutions have started preparations for the conditional reception of prayers and Umrah pilgrims. The Masjid al-Haram from abroad from 1st Muharram.
According to Al Arabiya Net, the ban on Corona SOPs will be an essential condition. Moreover, It is for the health and safety of Umrah pilgrims coming from abroad. Also, those who get both doses of the vaccine will be allowed to come of age.
- “More than 6,000 foreign Umrah agencies and 30 online portals and websites will participate in the Umrah program. ” Hani Ali al-Omari, a Hajj and Umrah National Committee member, told Al Arabiya Net.
- “All Umrah services and packages will be online,” he said. Packages and facilities will be available through the national and international reservation platform. This will approved by the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah.
- “Saudi Umrah companies will provide accommodation, transport, and all ground services through the package.”
- He added that ‘Umrah pilgrims will be able to book tickets, transport, hotels, and food and drink online. The company or institution providing Umrah services.
- “All Umrah companies and institutions have made preparations. They have trained to control Umrah groups and gatherings in the Corona environment.
However, according to the Al-Watan newspaper, the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah said, ” We will welcome the Umrah pilgrims from abroad from 1st Muharram”.
Also, Hisham Saeed, Secretary, Umrah SOPs, said that he was in constant touch with the Ministry of Health in this regard.
Who Can Perform Umrah This Year?
- The corona vaccine will be essential for Umrah pilgrims. The current restrictions on Umrah pilgrims will continue in the future. Pilgrim should have received both Saudi-approved Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna. Moreover Johnson & Johnson doses, Chinese vaccine, and a Saudi-approved vaccine booster dose.
- Hisham Saeed said that the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah is trying to intensify economic activities. These activities around the holy mosques in Makkah and Madinah.
- On the website of the two holy shrines, Umrah pilgrims would be allowed to come from all countries except the nine banned countries, including Pakistan and India.
Although the Umrah companies are preparing to welcome the pilgrims from abroad, the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah will announce a formal announcement after contacting the concerned agencies.
Also, It is noticeable that as a precautionary measure to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus, the Saudi Foreign Ministry had temporarily banned the arrival in Saudi Arabia on February 26, 2020, for Umrah and visiting the Prophet’s Mosque. Saudia imposed the ban following the rules and regulations set by Saudi health institutions.