Jeddah Corniche is a coastal resort area along the Red Sea. Located in the city of Jeddah, it stretches 4.2 kilometers. Furthermore, It is often referred to as the “Pearl of the Red Sea” because of its neighboring corniches.
Location: Ash Shati, Jeddah 23417
Jeddah Corniche – Facts and Activities to do at Corniche
7 Interesting Facts about Corniche Jeddah
- On November 30, 2017, Makkah Governor Prince Khaled Al-Faisal officially opened the Jeddah Waterfront project.
- Construction of the waterfall began in 1980, and the facility opened in 1985.
- Tilke Gmbh and Formula 1’s motorsports collaborated on the design of the Jeddah Corniche project.
- The name Jeddah Corniche comes from the French and Italian terms for a seaside road, particularly one that runs down the face of a cliff.
- The waterfront spans 4.2 kilometres of Jeddah’s Red Sea coastline and covers 730,000 square metres.
- The logo for the waterfront is a bunch of seagulls. Furthermore, the project flows gracefully around the designated area.
- The project’s estimate for the Jeddah Corniche is approximately usd212.3 million.
Read More: Top Ten Best Malls in Jeddah
5 Things to do at Corniche Jeddah
1- Enjoy at the seaside:
- Games at Silver Sands Beach
Here your kids can play a variety of beach games such as a boat at Red Sea Marina.
- Take a walk
Do not forget to take a walk at Jeddah Waterfront Park with the person you care about because the ambiance here is welcoming and relaxing, or hire a bicycle and go for a ride.
2- Visit King Fahd’s Fountain:
It is also known as the Jeddah fountain with more exciting features. Moreover, the hues of the water of the King Fahd Fountain are quite clear, and it draws anyone who visits Jeddah.
- Mon to Fri (9 am–5 pm)
- Sat, and Sun (Closed)
Location: G48W+72 Al Andalus, Jeddah Saudi Arabia
3- Food Places:
If you are hungry while walking along the Jeddah Corniche, go to one of the nearest restaurants there too and enjoy delectable dishes and a variety of drinks. Moreover, the sunset here has wonderful stories to tell about the beautiful environment.
The top food spot there is:
- Al Ferdaus – InterContinental Jeddah
- Address: Al Kurnaysh Rd, Al-Hamra’a Jeddah, Jeddah 41855
- Location: طريق الكورنيش، الحمراء، Jeddah 23212
- Spears – InterContinental Jeddah
- Fish Market – InterContinental Jeddah
- Location: حسين باسلامة،، Ash Shati, Jeddah 23212
4- Fishing in the Red Sea:
For fishing enthusiasts, Corniche offers a variety of spots for catching fish and having the time of your life. And if you’re not quite ready, some fishermen will toss the hooks in the Red Sea and wait for a bite.
Read More: Top Six Online Saudi Boutiques
5- Visit a historic museum:
You can go to the art museum on Jeddah’s Corniche, which has unique artistic sculptures. Moreover, That attracts every visitor and is influenced by the original Arab culture.
Location: الكلاء، Al-Hamra’a, Jeddah 23321
Frequently asked Questions
1 – What is the origin of the name Jeddah Corniche?
The name Jeddah Corniche comes from the French & Italian terms for a seaside road, particularly a road along with a cliff.
2 – Who developed the Corniche of Jeddah?
Tilke Gmbh and Formula 1’s motorsports section collaborated on the design. Also, according to simulations, the track will produce high average lap speeds of 250 kilometers per hour.
3 – When did the Jeddah Corniche get its start?
Construction began in 1980, and the facility opened in 1985. Also, water from the Red Sea is 312 meters above the sea’s surface.
In short, If you visit Jeddah, then do not forget to explore the new city of Jeddah – Corniche Jeddah.
Read More: 5 Most Famous Saudi Cities Flower Shop