- Scholarship in Saudia Announced for Pakistani Students and Expats Children.
- They announced 600 scholarships for Pakistani students to pursue higher education at its 25 universities.
- According to the Pakistani Embassy in Riyadh, the scholarships will get awarded to diploma, degree, master and PhD students.
- Both Pakistani students residing legally in Saudi Arabia and students living in Pakistan can apply for these scholarships.
- According to the embassy spokesperson, 75% of the scholarships will be provided to Pakistan students and 25% to Pakistani students residing in Saudi Arabia.
How To Apply For A Scholarship?
According to a Pakistani embassy spokesman, students wishing to receive the scholarship must apply directly on the university’s website or online portal. Each university has its admission criteria and time frame. Therefore, students have to seek help from the university regarding their subject and admission to the class.
Once students have applied online, universities will send scholarship applications received from students to the Saudi Ministry of Education, which will make the final decision on the scholarship. Applicants will also send a copy of their application to the official e-mail of the Pakistani Embassy so that these applications can get followed up with the Saudi Ministry of Education.
NOTE: Except for Princess Noura bin Abdul Rahman University for Female Students in Riyadh and the Islamic University of Madinah, all universities must admit only 25% of international students.
Which Universities Are Offering Scholarships?
The Saudi government has made it possible for Pakistani students to enroll in the following 25 universities.
- Jeddah University
- Bisha University
- Umm Al-Qura University
- Islamic University
- Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University
- King Saud University
- King Abdulaziz University
- Hafar Al-Batin University
- King Faisal University
- King Khalid University
- Qasim University
- Tayba University
- Taif University
- Hail University
- Jazan University
- Al-Jawf University
- Baha University
- Tabuk University
- Najran University
- Al-Hudood North University
- Amira Noor University
- Imam Abdul Rahman University
- Prince Sattam Bin Abdul Rahman University
- Shaqra University
- Al-Majma University.
What Is The Eligibility Criteria For The Scholarships?
- Applicants for the scholarship must be from Pakistan or Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
- 75% of the scholarships will be for students from Pakistan and 25% to Pakistani students residing in Saudi Arabia. Both men and women are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants for the degree program must be between the ages of 17 and 25, 30 years for a master’s degree and 35 years for a PhD. Age will get calculated from the last date of admission.
- Successful candidates will be able to come to Saudi Arabia in September or October each year.
- The student receiving the Saudi scholarship mustn’t be currently receiving another scholarship.
- If you want to avail of this scholarship, then you shouldn’t have any criminal record, and you had a good character throughout your academic career
What Will The Scholarship Cover?
- Scholarship recipients will receive free accommodation in Saudi Arabia while studying.
- Married students will get an initial three-month furnishing allowance.
- Free air tickets to and from Saudi Arabia and free medical treatment for families in marriage will get provided.
- Scholarship recipients will get food, sports and recreational facilities at discounted rates on university campuses. At the same time, travel expenses will get assisted for dependents.
- Science students will get a monthly allowance of 900 Saudi riyals per month, while those studying arts will get 850 Saudi riyals.