While talking on a Saudi Channel popular program, ‘Sabah Al-Khair Ya Misr’ (Good Morning O Egypt), Hisham Saeed, the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah spokesman, said, “The process of Umrah visas has started. Ministry will provide them Accommodation, transport, and food packages. Umrah pilgrims can come to the kingdom from the beginning of Muharram.”
Despite the successful Hajj season, the Ministry of Health imposed some rules for the pilgrims coming to KSA for UMRAH.
Rules For Umrah Pilgrims
The rules for Umrah Pilgrims are explained below.
- Hisham Saeed said, “The essential condition for foreign Umrah pilgrims is that the age should not be less than 18 years.
- Pilgrims should vaccinate themselves with one of the vaccines approved by the Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA). The Saudi Food and Drug Administration has approved four vaccines, including Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, and Moderna.
- A spokesman for the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah added: “Due to the Corona epidemic, the direct entry of Umrah pilgrims from some countries to Saudi Arabia will remain in place. Umrah pilgrims can come to the country. Before you come, you have to be sure that you are free of the virus through a medical check-up. The sanctions are aiming at protecting human health and safety. Saudi Arabia wants Umrah pilgrims to come to the kingdom in good health and return from here in good health.”
- The spokesman said the SFDA was reviewing more corona vaccines in the country. If effective, the number of approvals will get increased. “Hygiene regulations, schemes, and restrictions have helped make the Hajj a success this year,” said Hisham Saeed.
- The complete ban on Corona SOPs by Saudi and resident foreign pilgrims also had a positive effect. The primary purpose of all schemes and restrictions was to prevent the virus’s spread and prevent pilgrims from contracting the virus.