Qatar is going to resume issuing family and tourist entry visas starting July 12. This is in line with new travel and returns policies. The Interior Ministry said that Qatar is going to resume the tourist and family visas on the recommendations of the MOH.
Statment of Ministry of Public Health
The Ministry of Public Health said that citizens and residents who are fully vaccinated with a Qatari-approved vaccine would not have to undergo quarantine if they received the vaccine 14 days before entry.
In addition, those who have recovered from Covid 19 in Qatar within 12 months are also exempt from quarantine.
For visitors, entry is only applicable if the person is fully immune via vaccination 14 days before entering the country. The ministry said that It had notified GCC citizens who had recovered from Covid-19 in the past 12 months and received a vaccine dose.
You may also Like
New SOPs for Traveling
- All passengers needs to report a negative PCR within 72 hours of entering the country. They should also get approval through the precautionary app before boarding.
- Family visits, entries for business people, and tourists, including GCC citizens who do not have a Qatari ID number, will be limited to vaccination and recovery cases.
- All those wishing to travel abroad will also need to issue a travel permit. The Ministry of Health added that undivided passengers would not have to go to places listed as green, which will create their institutional quarantine before departure from Qatar.
- Passengers relocating to Qatar will also have to provide the Covid 19 PCR test. At the same time, fully immune people are also going to give test once they arrive. This is to determine if they need institutional detention.
- Citizens and residents who arrive to show symptoms will have to undergo a home checkup based on the recommendations of the onsite medical team.
- Qatar is one of 10 countries globally in terms of percentage of the population completing its vaccination. It means that the ministry can easily activate new policies.
- Providing COVID-19 PCR tests and classifying countries into three categories to determine eligibility policies is part of new policies.
- After classifying into areas and three categories, protection laws are ready to impose for citizens and residents. The ministries said in their tweets that areas are showing as red, yellow, and green. Non-traveling passengers must undergo institutional quarantine depending on the country they travel from Falls.