What Are The Steps Taken By The Saudi Government?
According to newspaper 24, the Saudi government has taken the following steps in this regard.
- On the one hand, companies and individuals owning vehicles weighing more than 3.5 thousand kg have been allowed to carry more than the prescribed limit. Also, They are getting the opportunity to apply for a permit to bring goods on the highways within a year. Moreover, It will provide an excellent chance for the local citizens to get involved in this business.
- The Saudi government has exempted those seeking leave from public transport vehicle registration fees and number plate issuance fees. The new decision will take effect 90 days later.
- The Saudi government will pay the vehicle registration fee and number plate fee of the vehicle owners and individuals from the state treasury.
What Are The Regulations Issued By The KSA Government?
- Firstly, one of them is that freight agreements will be made only with those who have a permit from the Public Transport Authority.
- The second restriction is that the payment of the cargo service bill will be restricted to the cost of cargo bills only for trucks with the documents approved by the Public Transport Authority. This ban is because foreigners doing business in the name of local citizens provide cargo service by making a covert deal with the actual contractors.
- Thirdly, Trucks of foreigners doing business in the name of Saudis will not get allowed to enter and leave the customs.
- A restriction is getting imposed that if a foreign driver wants to obtain a heavy driving license, he will be required to issue a professional card issued by the Public Transport Authority.