- Saudi Arabia’s JEDDAH ISLAMIC Port has become the 37th largest port in the world.
- The list of 100 world largest international ports includes two other Saudi Ports, with King ABDULLAH Port ranked as 84th and King ABDUL AZIZ Port ranked as 93rd.
- The country has also upgraded its global ranking of port network performance to 16th internationally in cargo capacity.
Saudi Arabia’s Jeddah Islamic Port Increased Its Ranking 5 Places As Compared To Last Year
Saudi news agency SPA, citing the annual report of Lloyd List, said that this Islamic Port had increased its ranking by five places as compared to last year.
The container traffic capacity at Jeddah Islamic Port has increased from 4.767 million containers in 2020 to 6.8 percent in 2019 to 4.43 million.
The port’s success also attributes to upgrading container station operations following a new trade attribution agreement by the Saudi Port Authority.
Annual Report Of Lloyd List Include 3 Saudi Arabia Ports In Top 100:
According to a report, the list of 100 world largest international ports includes two other Saudi Ports, with King ABDULLAH Port ranked 84th and King ABDUL AZIZ Port ranked 93rd.
The country has also upgraded its global ranking of port network performance to 16th internationally in cargo capacity.
Saudi Arabia has a wild network of airports along the shores of the Red Sea and the Arabian Gulf, making it one of the largest ports in the region.
Why Is Jeddah Islamic Port Important For Saudia Rabia?
- According to Arab News, Jeddah Islamic Port provides 70% of Saudi Arabian ports’ import and export services.
- This is the number one port in the Red Sea. It is located on a maritime trade route that connects 62 world-class ports in the Far East, Europe, and Africa. The port has a carrying capacity of 130 million tons.
- The Saudi Port Authority, Mewani, has taken standard measures to promote competition in operations at the Jeddah Islamic port, including re-engineering and development of transit procedures and revocation of loading permits in collaboration with the General Customs Authority.
- The Saudi Ports Authority strives to bring the country’s ports to the forefront of regional and global competition, with the Jeddah Islamic port playing a pivotal role.