Health Requirements for Hajj and Umrah in 2021:
Almost every Muslim worldwide wants to do HAJJ and UMRAH in 2021, and visit holy sites in Makkah and Madinah. This guide is for all those. For Locals, we have a separate guide that you can access on this link. For that, you also need a basic understanding of the Eatmarna app and the Tawwakalna app.
According to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 51 countries all over the world are eligible to do HAJJ and UMRAH on a tourist E-Visa whereas, countries that are not eligible for the tourist E-Visa can do HAJJ and UMRAH on separate HAJJ and UMRAH visa given by the government of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia every year in the HAJJ and UMRAH season.
But due to the increased rush of pilgrims, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Saudi limits the HAJJ to a period of 5 years. If you did HAJJ in 2021, you would be eligible to do HAJJ in 2026. You cannot apply for a HAJJ permit in Saudi Arabia.
What’s Change for Hajj and Umrah in 2021
Here are some new rules and regulations related to health for Hajj and Umrah in 2021
The Ministry of Health has established some requirements that visitors must meet to get a Visa. Here are some of those health requirements.
Covid 19 -ve Report:
Everyone who is visiting for Umrah or Hajj has to obtain a report which says they have tested -ve for Covid 19.
Everyone should get a PCR test report
Yellow fever immunization verified report (Only For Countries with Yellow fever in them)
Visitors from African countries or others suffering from Meningitis will present a certificate stating they are immune for approximately 3 years and not less than 10 days before the appearance in Saudi Arabia with the quadrivalent (ACYW135) against Meningitis.
Immunization with the quadrivalent (ACYW135):
- This group of people needs Immunization with the quadrivalent (ACYW135)
- Residents and occupants of Madinah and Makkah who have not been immunized during the previous 3 years
- All residents and inhabitants undertaking the Hajj
- Hajj laborers.
- Any individual working at borders (Sea, Land, Air) or directly contact travelers in Saudi Arabia.
- Polio Affected Countries
- 1 dosage of OPV (Oral Polio Vaccine) for countries affected with Polio e.g. Afghanistan, Chad, Nigeria, and Pakistan.
- Travelers should also have to show a verified certificate that they had been vaccinated with the Polio vaccine almost 42 days (6 Weeks) before arriving in KSA
- They will also get a 1 dosage of OPV (Oral Polio Vaccine) on arriving in KSA
- The Saudi Ministry of Health suggests that worldwide tourists (Pilgrims and Visitors) should have to be immunized against “Seasonal Flu” before coming to the KSA, especially those who have a serious danger of extreme flu sicknesses including:
- Pregnant ladies
- Kids under 5 Years of age
- Older people (Older than 60-year)
- People with fundamental ailments (HIV/AIDS, asthma, and constant heart or lung illnesses)
- However, In Saudi Arabia, occasional flu immunization is suggested for interior travelers and all medical care laborers in the Hajj premises.
MERS / Covid 19 Precautions:
- The Saudi MOH recommends that the following HAJJ and UMRAH performers should postpone their visit.
- Elderly (above 65 years of age)
- People with chronic diseases (Heart disease, Kidney disease, Respiratory disease, Diabetes.
- People with immune deficiency, malignancy, and terminal illnesses (Congenital and acquired)
- Pregnant women
- Children under the age of 12.
- Moreover, The Saudi Ministry of Health encourages all explorers to agree to regular general preventive rules to control the spread of COVID-19, which can be compiled up as follows:
- Wash hands with cleanser and water or disinfectant
- Utilize tissues for coughing, which can be discard
- Attempt to evade direct hand contact to the face (Eyes, Nose, and mouth).
- Evade direct contact with people contaminated with COVID-19 and don’t share their own devices.
- Wear disposable gloves and masks, particularly during the gathering.
- Keep up great individual cleanliness (Hygiene).
Self Isolation Period:
You need a Isolation period of 72 Hours, before you enter in Makkah or Madina. Your journey will likewise be organized with your agent to take you from the air terminal to your guesthouse, where you will be self-isolated.
However, After the required isolation period of up to 72 hours, you will be moved to Makkah and Madinah.
Moreover, If you are applying for Hajj and Umrah in 2021, we wish you good luck for your travel.