In Which Cases Of Harassment, The Punishment Is More Severe?
According to newspaper 24, the public prosecution said in a statement that “Immorality, slander and obscene gestures fall into the category of teasing”.
“Anyone will do something immoral, slander, make obscene gestures, do something physically bad against someone, talk nonsense about their dignity, modern technology.” Anyone who acts or speaks shamefully through any means, including resources, will get considered a perpetrator. And he will charge with the crime of harassment.”
What Is The Normal Punishment Of Teasing And Molesting?
The Public Prosecution said that teasing is punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of 300,000 riyals.
In The Following Cases, The Punishment Will Be Severe:
The Public Prosecution says that in the following cases, the harassment crime is consider severe
- Firstly, victim is underage
- Moreover, victim is a diable person
- The Harassment in office
- Also Harassment in an educational institution
- Harassment in shelter
- Harassment in the care centre
- Also if the molester has a direct or indirect influence on the victim
- Harasser and the victim are of the same sex
- Moreover, if the victim is asleep or unconscious at the time of the harassment.
Similarly, if teasing occurs during emergencies, natural disasters, or accidents, the seriousness of the crime will increase.