Saudi Interior Ministry Said, “Lifting Travel Ban Will Apply Also To Expats Residing In KSA”
At a news conference on Sunday, the Saudi Interior Ministry has said that “The principle of lifting travel restrictions will apply not only to Saudi citizens but also to foreigners residing abroad.”
- Citizens of countries whose travel bans get lifted will be able to come to Saudi Arabia. Provided they have not yet passed through the banned countries.
- “Anyone who ever visited a restricted country will have to spend 14 days in one of the permitted countries before coming to Saudi Arabia,” he said.
- It must get recalled that Saudi Arabia had announced the opening of land, sea and air borders to the United Arab Emirates, South Africa and Argentina.
- “The interior ministry has instructed Corona to continue to comply with SOPs and not to be complacent in this regard.”
How To Show Your Vaccination Status At Saudi Airports?
In Saudi Arabia, the Department of Civil Aviation has issued a procedure for determining the vaccine position of foreigners residing in Saudi Arabia before boarding a flight to Saudi Arabia.
According to the state-run news agency SPA, the Civil Aviation Department has informed all airlines operating from the country’s airports, including private ones, in writing about the new procedure.
What Are The Two Ways To Show Vaccination Status?
The Department of Civil Aviation said in a statement that “Expats should adopt one of two ways to find out about the vaccine status of foreigners residing in Saudi Arabia .”
- The first way is for the incoming foreigner to prove their vaccination status through the Tawakalna app.
- The second way is to show the vaccination report in the country through the ‘Qadoom’ platform.
NOTE: The Civil Aviation Department urged the airlines to abide by the written instructions, saying, “Violators will remain accountable for any violation of COVID-19 guidelines. They will have to accept responsibility for the consequences of the violation.”