Saudi Arabia has allowed Expats from banned countries who have received both doses of the corona vaccine to enter the kingdom
It only applies to immigrants who have left the country on exit and re-entry visas
The kingdom had previously imposed a temporary ban on visitors to Saudi Arabia from various countries, including Pakistan and India
According to local media reports, the Saudi Arab Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued new guidelines allowing the direct entry of fully vaccinated foreigners from countries facing travel bans.
According to SPA, “The kingdom had previously imposed a temporary ban on visitors to Saudi Arabia from various countries.”
Under what conditions Expats from banned countries Can come to Saudi Arabia?
- The Saudi Interior Ministry said in a statement that “Foreigners receiving both doses of the corona vaccine could return to Saudi Arabia from banned foreign countries.”
Note: Vaccine should be one of the following vaccines approved by the Ministry of Health of KSA
- Two doses of Pfizer
- 2 doses of AstraZeneca
- Two doses of Moderna
- one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- It only applies to immigrants who have left the country on exit and re-entry visas after receiving two doses of the corona vaccine from Saudi Arabia. However, there are many who came without taking vaccine in Saudi Arabia. Therefore, these all have to wait for now.
Make sure to read these two before you start your travel
- How to Register Vaccine on Muqeem Platform
- How to Check your Iqama Validity Date before you start travel
- Learn about basic working of Tawakkalna Application
- Check your Visa Validity
Countries that were on the ban List
Moreover, from now on Expats from 13 banned countries currently facing travel bans can return to KSA if they follow all the above criteria. However, these red list countries include
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
Ambassador of Pakistan confirms the news for Pakistani Expats
Moreover, While talking to local News, the Ambassador of Pakistan Mr Bilal Akbar confirmed that “Expats from banned countries including Pakistan who got two doses of approved vaccine can come to Saudi Arabia.”
Also, according to the Pakistani ambassador, “Pakistanis living in the country who have taken two doses of the corona vaccine will be allowed to return to KSA.”
“The ban also applies to people passing through prohibited countries. Also, those who have been to or passed through one of the prohibited countries within 14 days of arrival.”
“These people can return directly to Saudi Arabia, but all the security measures set by the relevant agencies will remain in place.”
What about Indian Expats?
In addition, the Indian embassy was pleased to announce that Saudi officials have announced that Indian nationals who have traveled to India after receiving both doses of the vaccine in Saudi Arabia would be able to return directly to the KSA without the need for quarantine in a third country.