A Complete Guide to Checking Saudi Arabia Exit Re-Entry Visa Validity Online in 2023
Saudi Arabia is a country that heavily relies on foreign workers, with millions of people traveling to the Kingdom every year for work. To control the influx of people and ensure that they comply with the laws and regulations of the country, the Saudi government has implemented various visa types. One of the most commonly used visas is the exit/re-entry visa, which allows foreign workers to leave the country temporarily and return at a later date. As an expat living and working in Saudi Arabia, keeping track of your visa validity, including your exit/re-entry visa, is essential. In this article, we will guide you through the different methods available to check your exit re-entry visa validity online in 2023. There are many ways for visa validity check including Muqeem Visa Validity Check method.
Procedure of Visa Validity Check in 2023
We will discuss all the types however, first let us understand what Saudi Arabia means with Exit Re Rntry Visa?
1- WHAT IS A SAUDI EXIT/RE-ENTRY VISA?
An exit/re-entry visa is a type of visa that allows individuals to exit and re-enter Saudi Arabia multiple times during a specific period. This visa is essential for those who want to temporarily travel outside of Saudi Arabia and return to the country afterward. The Saudi Arabian government issues two types of exit/re-entry visas:
- Single exit/re-entry visa: This type of visa permits the holder to leave Saudi Arabia only once and return within the visa’s validity period. The duration of this visa is usually three months.
- Multiple exit/re-entry visa: This type of visa allows the holder to leave and return to Saudi Arabia multiple times within the visa’s validity period. The duration of this visa varies and can be for six months, one year, or two years.
Individuals with valid exit/re-entry visas can leave Saudi Arabia and return without issues. However, if the visa has expired, individuals may face legal consequences, including fines or imprisonment. It is crucial to ensure the visa is valid before leaving Saudi Arabia.
2- METHODS TO CHECK YOUR EXIT/RE-ENTRY VISA VALIDITY ONLINE?
Checking the validity of your Saudi Arabia exit/re-entry visa is crucial before planning to travel outside the country. Below we have provided a few updated methods by which you can check your exit re-entry visa validity ksa status online:
- 01: Check exit/re-entry visa validity through Absher
- 02: Check exit/re-entry visa validity through the Ministry of Interior website
- 03: Check exit/re-entry visa validity through the Muqeem Visa Validity Portal
- 04: Check exit/re-entry visa validity through the Enjazit Website
- 05: Check exit/re-entry visa validity through the MOL website
- 06: Check exit/re-entry visa validity through the ELM website
Method 01: A step-by-step guide to check exit/re-entry visa validity through Absher
One of the most convenient ways to check the validity of your exit/re-entry visa is through the Absher portal, an online platform provided by the Saudi government. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use Absher to check your visa validity ksa:
Create an Absher account:
To use Absher, you must first create an account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit the Absher website (https://www.absher.sa/) or download the Absher mobile application from your device’s app store.
- Click on the “Individuals” option and select “New user.”
- Click on the “Register for Absher” button.
- Select the type of registration you prefer, whether “Using National Address” or “Without National Address.” You can also choose your preferred language.
- Enter your Iqama number, date of birth, and mobile number.
- You will receive a verification code via SMS. Enter the code in the space provided.
- Create a username and password for your Absher account.
Visa Validity Check via Absher in 2023:
Now that you have created an Absher account, you can check the validity of your exit/re-entry visa. Follow these detailed steps:
- Log in to your Absher account: Go to the Absher website and log in to your account using your username and password.
- Access your passport information: Once logged in, click on the “Dashboard” option on the top left corner of the page. From the drop-down menu, select “Passports.”
- View your passport details: You will get redirected to a new page where you can view your passport details. Click on the “More Details” option next to your passport details.
- Check exit re-entry visa validity status: Scroll down the page and click on the “Query Exit/Re-entry Visa Status” button.
- Enter required details: You will get prompted to enter your Iqama and passport numbers. Enter these details and click on the “View” button to check the status of your exit/re-entry visa.
It is important to remember that visa validity ksa can change at any time, so we recommend you check frequently and well before any planned travel outside the country.
Method 02: A Step-by-step guide to check exit/re-entry visa validity through the Ministry of Interior website
The Ministry of Interior website is another useful platform for expatriates to check the validity of their exit/re-entry visa in Saudi Arabia. To check the exit re-entry visa validity through the Ministry of Interior website, expatriates need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the Ministry of Interior website: First of all, visit the official website of the Ministry of Interior by typing the web address https://www.moi.gov.sa/ in the browser. The website is available in Arabic and English languages.
- Select Electronic Inquiries: Click “Electronic Inquiries” from the menu to view a list of available electronic services.
- Click on “Passports”: From the list of electronic services, click on “Passports.”
- Click on “Query Exit/Re-Entry Visa”: On the Passports page, you will find a list of services related to passports. Click “Query Exit/Re-Entry Visa ” among these services.”
- Enter the required details: On the Query Exit/Re-Entry Visa page, you need to enter the required details, including their Iqama number (1234567890), passport number (A1234567), and visa type (exit/re-entry visa).
- Click on “View”: Once you have entered the required details, click the “View” button to view the exit/re-entry visa validity.
Note: You can also print the exit re-entry visa validity ksa through the Ministry of Interior website for future reference.
Method 03: A step-by-step guide to check exit/re-entry visa validity through the Muqeem website aka muqeem visa validity
The Muqeem website is an online platform provided by the Saudi government to facilitate various visa and residency-related services for expatriates living in Saudi Arabia. The website is managed by the General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat) and provides an easy-to-use interface for expatriates to access their visa information. Expatriates can use the Muqeem exit re-entry visa check service to verify the muqeem visa validity.
Here is a step-by-step guide to use muqeem visa validity platform to check Visa validity in 2023
- Visit the Muqeem Visa Validity Service: To begin, expatriates must visit the Muqeem visa website by typing the URL https://muqeem.sa/#/visaValidity in their browser.
- Enter your Iqama number: Once the website loads, enter your Iqama number in the appropriate field. The Iqama number is a unique identification number issued to expatriates by the Saudi government upon their arrival in the country. For example, an Iqama number may look like this: 2345678901.
- Enter your date of birth: Enter your date of birth (format: DD/MM/YYYY) in the appropriate field on the Muqeem website.
- Enter the visa number: You must enter your visa number in the appropriate field. The visa number is the unique identification number assigned to an individual’s exit/re-entry visa. For example, a visa number may look like this: 23456789.
- Enter the image code: To verify that the request is made by a real person and not a computer program, you must write the code displayed on the screen.
- Click “Inquire”: After entering all the required information, click the “Inquire” button to check exit/re-entry visa validity.
- View the results: After submitting the inquiry, the Muqeem website will display the exit re-entry visa validity status. Expats can see whether their visa is valid or has expired. The results will also display the date on which the exit/re-entry visa was issued and the date it expires.
It is important to note that the this process of Muqeem Visa Validity only shows the validity of the latest exit/re-entry visa issued. If an expatriate has multiple exit/re-entry visas, they need to check the validity of each visa separately.
Method 04: A step-by-step guide to check exit/re-entry visa validity through the Enjazit Website
The Enjazit website is an official online portal of the Saudi Arabian government that allows users to access various visa-related services, including checking the validity of exit/re-entry visas.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on checking your exit re-entry visa validity ksa through the Enjazit website:
- Visit the Enjazit website by typing “https://enjazit.com.sa/” in your web browser’s address bar.
- Click on the “Individuals” option in the homepage’s top menu bar.
- Select “Query Exit/Re-Entry Visa Status” from the list of services on the page.
- You will be asked to provide your Iqama and passport numbers. Enter both details correctly in the respective fields.
- Next, enter the verification code displayed on the screen to confirm that you are not a robot.
- Click on the “View” button to see the status of your exit/re-entry visa.
- The Enjazit website will display your visa status, including its validity, expiry date, and other important details.
The Enjazit website will display your visa status along with its validity period. The status will either show as “Valid” or “Not Valid”. If the status shows as “Not Valid”, it means that your visa has expired or been canceled. If the status shows as “Valid”, it means that your visa is still valid and you can travel in and out of Saudi Arabia.
Method 05: Step-by-step guide to check exit/re-entry visa validity ksa through the MOL website
The Ministry of Labor (MOL) website is another official online portal of the Saudi Arabian government that is used for employment services in Saudi Arabia. It provides various labor-related services, such as employment permits, job seekers’ registration, and more.
To check the validity of your exit/re-entry visa through the MOL website, follow these steps:
- Visit the MOL website by typing “https://www.mol.gov.sa/” in your web browser’s address bar.
- Click on the “Individuals/Employees” option located in the top menu bar of the homepage.
- Click on the “Query Passport Status” option from the list of services available on the page.
- You will be asked to provide your Iqama number, passport number, and visa number. Enter all the details correctly in the respective fields.
- Next, enter the verification code displayed on the screen to confirm that you are not a robot.
- Click on the “View” button to see the status of your exit/re-entry visa.
- The MOL website will display your visa status, including its validity, expiry date, and other important details.
Using the MOL website to check your exit re-entry visa validity is a secure and convenient option for expats living in Saudi Arabia. The MOL website provides accurate and up-to-date information, ensuring that you remain compliant with Saudi Arabian immigration laws.
Method 06: A step-by-step guide to check exit/re-entry visa validity through the ELM website
ELM stands for Electronic Labor Market, which is an online platform developed by the Saudi Arabian government to manage and regulate the labor market. It aims to streamline the process of labor market transactions, including the issuance of work permits and employment visas, and to provide a comprehensive database of labor market information. By using the ELM website, expats can quickly and easily check the status of their exit/re-entry visas without any hustle.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to checking exit/re-entry visa validity through the ELM website:
- Visit the official ELM website. You can access the website by typing the following URL into your web browser: https://www.elm.sa/.
- Once you have accessed the website, click on the “Services” tab located on the top navigation bar.
- A drop-down menu will appear; click on “Public Services.”
- Scroll down until you find the “Query Exit Re-entry Visa Validity” option and click on it.
- You will then be redirected to a new page where you must enter your Iqama and passport numbers.
- After entering the required information, you must click on the “View” button to check the status of your exit/re-entry visa.
- If your exit/re-entry visa is valid, you will view its details, including the visa number, visa issue date, and visa expiry date.
- If your exit/re-entry visa is expired or not issued, you will get notified accordingly, and you will need to take the necessary action to renew or apply for a new visa.
03 – What is the punishment for traveling and overstaying with an expired exit/re-entry visa?
The penalty for an expired Muqeem exit/re-entry visa can vary depending on the duration of the overstay. Here is a detailed penalty structure:
- Overstay up to 90 days:
- A fine of SAR 500 for the first time.
- A fine of SAR 1,000 for the second time.
- A fine of SAR 2,000 and 15 days imprisonment for the third time.
- Overstay between 91 to 180 days:
- A fine of SAR 1,000 for the first time.
- A fine of SAR 2,000 for the second time.
- A fine of SAR 3,000 and 30 days imprisonment for the third time.
- Overstay between 181 to 360 days:
- A fine of SAR 2,000 for the first time.
- A fine of SAR 4,000 for the second time.
- A fine of SAR 6,000 and 60 days imprisonment for the third time.
- Overstay for more than 360 days:
- A fine of SAR 3,000 for the first time.
- A fine of SAR 6,000 for the second time.
- A fine of SAR 10,000 and 90 days imprisonment for the third time.
It is important to note that no fine will be imposed if the overstay period is less than 24 hours. However, the fine will get calculated daily if the overstay is for more than 24 hours.
Furthermore, if the overstay is repeated or if there is a history of overstay, the penalty may be more severe, including imprisonment, deportation, and a permanent ban from entering the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
04 – Frequently Asked Questions
Question 01: What should I do if my Exit/Re-Entry visa is expired or is about to expire?
If your Exit/Re-Entry visa is expired or about to expire, you should take immediate action to renew or extend it. You can do this through the Absher website or by visiting a Jawazat office. To renew your Exit/Re-Entry visa in Saudi Arabia, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Absher account using your username and password.
- Click on “Dashboard” and select “Passports and Travel” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Renew Visa” from the list of available services.
- Enter your passport information and visa number.
- Follow the prompts to complete the renewal application and pay the associated fees.
- Once your application is processed and approved, you will receive an updated Exit/Re-Entry visa, which you can download and print from your Absher account.
The renewal process may take several days or weeks, so it is advisable to start it well before your visa expires. Additionally, you must meet certain eligibility criteria to renew your Exit/Re-Entry visa, such as having a valid residency permit and a clear criminal record.
Question 02: How often should I check the validity of my Exit/Re-Entry visa?
It’s important to check the validity of your Exit/Re-Entry visa regularly, especially if you travel frequently. Ideally, you should check your visa status at least once every few months to ensure it is still valid and has yet to expire. It will help you avoid any issues or complications when traveling outside of Saudi Arabia.
Question 03: Can I check the validity of someone else’s Exit/Re-Entry visa online?
No, you cannot check the validity of someone else’s Exit/Re-Entry visa online if you have their permission and access to their Absher account.
Question 04: What should I do if I have issues checking the validity of my Exit/Re-Entry visa online?
If you need help with checking the validity of your Exit/Re-Entry visa online, you can contact the Ministry of Interior’s helpline for assistance. You can reach the helpline at 800-244-2999. You can also send an email to [email protected] for further assistance. When contacting the helpline or emailing the Ministry of Interior, it is important to have your visa information and personal details ready.
Question 05: What are the consequences of traveling outside Saudi Arabia with an expired or invalid Exit/Re-Entry visa?
Traveling outside Saudi Arabia with an expired or invalid Exit/Re-Entry visa can have serious consequences, including fines, deportation, and difficulty returning to the country. Suppose a person gets caught traveling outside of Saudi Arabia with an expired or invalid Exit/Re-Entry visa. In that case, they may face fines of up to 10,000 Saudi Riyals (approximately USD 2,700) and may get barred from re-entering the country. In addition, the person may get detained by the authorities and face imprisonment for up to two months. Moreover, the person’s sponsor or employer may face legal consequences, including fines and penalties, for failing to ensure that their employees’ visas are up-to-date.
HOW I KNOW STAMPED VISIT VISA STATUS (STAMPED INITIAL OF COVID)