Is Taking 3rd Dosage Of Vaccine As A Booster Dose Necessary For Everyone?
Abdullah Asiri, who is an infectious disease consultant, added that at this stage of optimal vaccination coverage. “We need to review the evidence and the method of laboratory testing of Covid 19. After that, we will be able to make a decision based on the disease.
According to Arab News, Deputy Minister for Health Dr Abdullah Asiri has said that “If two doses of the vaccine prevent serious illness, hospitalization, and death. There is no point in taking a third dose for the general public after the first two doses.“
These comments came after the news of getting booster shots of the Pfizer and Biotech vaccine for the general public. And also as a third booster dose for people 65 and older.
Meanwhile, Ahmad al-Haqwi said, “It is not necessary to demand the approval of a third (booster) dose for everyone.”
Covid-19 Vaccine Six Month Study Results:
More than 45,000 people participated in a six-month vaccine study on the efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccine in 152 regions of six countries. The results of which got published on September 15.
- The study concluded that after six months and despite a gradual decrease in the vaccine’s effectiveness. The drug was compatible and remarkably effective in preventing coronavirus.
- Ahmed al-Haqwi said that ” The vaccine provides strong protection against COVID-19. Even after the six months of the second dose, the vaccine can protect against COVID-19.’
Total Number Of Covid-19 Cases In The Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia:
According to the Ministry of Health, 68 new corona cases got recorded in Saudi Arabia yesterday. Bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 546,479, while the total number of deaths was 8,656.
Vaccination Rate In The Kingdom:
- So far, the Ministry of Health has given 40.7 million doses of the corona vaccine in Saudi Arabia at a rate of 201,505 per day.
- According to this rate, 70% of the population in the country will be fully vaccinated by October 31.
- According to the Ministry of Health, corona vaccines are getting provided in 587 centres across the Kingdom. Those who have not yet got the vaccine are advising to get the vaccination as soon as possible.
What Are Covid-19 Emphasis Centers All Over The Kingdom?
The ministry has appealed to Saudi nationals and expatriates to take precautions against COVID-19. Expats and residents can register on the “SEHATTY” for vaccines.
“Emphasis centres” are set up by the Ministry of Health all over Saudi Arabia. These centres offer COVID-19 test services to people who show no symptoms or only mild symptoms or think they have been in contact with an infected person.
There are also Satisfaction Centers all over the KSA. This centre offers treatment for people with symptoms of the virus, such as fever, loss of taste and smell, and difficulty breathing.
Note: You can make appointments through the ministry’s health app to get services at both types of centres.