In Saudi Arabia, new changes to labor laws have eased the process of changing sponsorships for foreign workers, which is getting implemented.
What Are The New Changes To The Labour Law?
- Under the new Labor Law, expats can get a better job, in which the employment contract is essential.
- If the worker gets a better job, he can notify his former sponsor in writing and transfer the sponsorship to the new employer.
- Working following the work agreement is an essential principle of the Ministry of Manpower
- If someone’s employment contract is with Labor and is currently doing another type of obligation, it will be legally incorrect, so it must be corrected.
- As far as salary is concerned, keep in mind that the worker will get the same wage as stated in the employment contract
- However, if the employer changes the nature of the work and also changes the salary, then it is better to modify the contents of the contract so that they do not get into trouble later
How Can A Expat Change His Sponsorship?
In this regard, a person discovered that ‘I have been working as a document controller in a company for the last eight years, but I am getting a salary of a Labor. I want to change the sponsorship elsewhere, but the company is not allowing me to do what?
- In this regard, the justices said that he should contact the Ministry of Manpower to look into the matter and make a better decision.
- The new law provides that if the worker gets a better job opportunity, he can take it, for which the Ministry of Labor and Manpower uploads the new employer’s contract on the website and approves it. After which change of residence will also be possible.
- If the agreement is not approved, the residence cannot get changed, so it is better to study all its provisions carefully before approving the agreement. A clause that is not approved may be changed.