1st Official Saudi National Day: The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was called the Kingdom of Najd and the Hijaz. On September 23, 1332, under a royal decree of King Aziz Ibn Saud: The name changed to “HOUSE OF once SAUD.” It symbolizes the unity of the modern-day Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
National Day in Saudia Arabia, SEPTEMBER 23, known as “Al-Youm-Al-WATANY,” is a public holiday that means that all the government and private sector will have a holiday.
(1)- When Will Saudi Arabia Celebrate Its 91st National Day?
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will celebrate the 91st anniversary of its National Day on September 23, 2021
According to news agency SPA, Saudi Arabia’s national day will be a holiday for public and private institutions employees. It is so they can celebrate the national day with their families.
In Saudi Arabia, according to labor laws, one day off is for all on the national day of Saudi Arabia. Every year on September 23, National Day gets celebrated in the country.
This year, September 23 is Thursday, which will allow government employees to have three holidays. Friday and Saturday will be weekly holidays. Government employees will return to duty on Sunday, September 26, 2021.
(2)- How Did Saudi Arabia Celebrate Its First National Day Holiday?
King Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Rahman Al Saud issued a royal decree on Sunday, September 19, 1932, renaming the Hijazi Najd Kingdom the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The decision was in response to the vital national sentiment among the Saudi people, who have filed hundreds of petitions to their state leader in support of the name change.
The decree also states that Thursday, September 23, 1932, is the State Day of Solidarity. Later on, it was observed as the annual National Day.
On January 15, 1902, King Abdulaziz Al Saud, the founder of the modern Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and its first king, succeeded in regaining the capital of his ancestors, Riyadh, as he continued his efforts to unite the kingdom.
He succeeded in uniting many areas in 30 years, including South Najd, Sudhir, Al-Washim, Al-Qasim, Al-Ahsa, Asir, and Hail. The Hijaz region had annexed before the union of the Jazan region was completed in 1930.
Since 2005, Saudi Arabia has celebrated its national day in a festive mood every September 23. Before that, Saudi Arabia only celebrated religious festivals, Eid and Hajj, as public holidays; However, since King Abdullah came to power, National Day has received a cure, and since then, the kingdom celebrated Saudi National day with numerous exciting activities.
Festivals On 1st Saudi National Day:
- After the issuance of the royal decree, joy spread among the people of the kingdom. And people celebrate it all over the country.
- Umm Al-Qara newspaper, in its issue published on Friday 22 Friday 1351 AH, documented the documents of the celebration of the first SAUDI national day of their state by the Saudi people and called it a memorable day which was great pride in history. As the hearts of the Saudis beat with joy & happiness, the marks of joy and happiness rise on their faces.
- The newspaper photographed the celebration with pictures of the official and popular aspects of the festivals across the country.
- The country’s old and young, men and women, rich and poor, were celebrated, and Saudi and Arab flags were hoisted on government and departments, institutions, stores, homes, and balconies, as big festivals took place in all corners of the country.
- Riyadh’s capital celebrated its first national day, with a grand ceremony attended by King Abdul Aziz, princes of the royal family, and tribal leaders.
- Against the backdrop of flag-raising ceremonies, rehearsals, and the singing of the national anthem, Prince Saud bin Abdulaziz delivered a speech in which he said: “Today we celebrate the unity of our Arab kingdom. The heart of every Arab loyal to the country.
- There was a parade with members of the armed forces and police.
(3)- How Saudi Citizens Now Celebrates Saudi National Day:
- On this day, the beginning of modern Saudi Arabia in 1932 commemorates. People remember the great stories and values that formed the early nation-state. Moreover, they place them, share them and respect their sacrifices on NATIONAL DAY.
- Also, In this memory, it is an opportunity for citizens to renew their loyalty to their beloved homeland.
- Moreover, On this day, Saudis have to consider their responsibilities in integrating the system into the modern Saudi state. Also, people reflect on such values, thanking their country and its leaders for putting the interests of every Saudi citizen at the center of all development and development projects for decades.
For example, the 2009 event focused on launching King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, one of the country’s most ambitious educational initiatives. The late King Abdullah inaugurated the university in the presence of several heads of state worldwide. In 2014, the Jeddah Municipality hoisted the world’s tallest flag on Saudi National Day.
More about Celebrations:
- Saudi National Day is a way to encourage a significant national effort for the nation’s continued future development. (Vision 2030) Saudis working in public, private, or non-profit organizations are called upon to work tirelessly to meet the expectations and responsibilities of their society and the Saudi family.
- Saudi National Day celebrations take many forms and are growing in number year by year. Moreover, on this day, citizens like to take to the streets in large numbers, in public areas, parks, malls, shopping centers, beach fronts, tourists, and outdoor fields. However, many events organize for their entertainment. These include:
- Public gatherings and entertainment programs for children
- Cultural and cultural monuments.
- Historical photography and art exhibitions
- Exhibitions of Movies and educational projects in the country.
- Displays nighttime lasers and fireworks in the kingdom.
- Plane displays and acrobatic.
- Theater plays.
- Heritage tours.
- Late-night Shopping and Discounts.
- School exhibitions and activities
How Will 91st Saudi National Day Will Be Celebrated This Year?
- More than 300,000 flags will hoist in all parts of Saudi Arabia on the occasion of Saudi Arabia’s National Day. Also during previous year, saudi governorates, municipalities, commissioners, and local councils hoisted 37,907 flags on the streets. In addition, Saudi citizens and expatriates also carried green flags in their hands and expressed their love for the kingdom on National Day. Flags raised over highways, intersections, and government buildings.
Moreover, Riyadh Municipality decorated 57491 flags in the capital, Jeddah Municipality 11985, Mecca Municipality 1500, and Madinah Municipality 16832 government buildings, intersections, and highways with flag
- Fireworks are a great way to celebrate a special occasion, and the sky is already shining across Saudi Arabia. Although central fireworks display on Thursday in Jeddah and Riyadh, small shows have already taken place at various locations across the country.
For the main event in Jeddah, 70,000 fireworks will fire close to the Alhambra Corniche.
Medidattion Spot At Qara Mountains
- The 75-meter-high mountain in the Al-Ahsa area is the best summer escape for many Saudis. Also, It is home to caves known for their distinctive shape and the cool air found inside, making them a hot spot for domestic tourists. Moreover, the cave network consists of 28 linear passages with a length of 1.5 km.
This year, for Saudi National Day, it has become a home for those who want a break from meditation.
Saudi Arabia National Day Celebrations In UAE:
Residents of the UAE can see some of Abu Dhabi’s famous landmarks turn green on September 23. Moreover, In honor of Saudi Arabia’s 91st National Day, places on Yas Island will be bathed in the green light, the color of the kingdom’s flag, on this momentous occasion.
Some of the attractions are the following:
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi,
- Yas Water World,
- Warner Bruce World,
- Clamp, Yas Mall,
- Yas Plaza Hotel
- W Abu Dhabi.
- The recently opened Alliance Arena will also get flood with green.
- CLYMB will get illuminated with the colors of the Saudi Arabian flag on the occasion of the 91st National Day of the Kingdom of KSA
- In addition, there will be spectacular fireworks during the celebration. Furthermore, It will begin at 9 pm on Thursday, September 23, at Yas Bay.
- Spectators are going to see fireworks from hotels and restaurants on the island. All this is going to be with social distance measures. This is because public gatherings are off outside the island’s Covid-19 security measures.